Quantity Discounts Available - See below for details
By Laura Candler
BONUS: Receive a free digital download (pdf version) of "Laura Candler's Graphic Organizers for Reading" when you buy the book
"Laura Candler's Graphic Organizers for Reading" helps students learn to improve reading skills by using teacher-tested graphic organizers. Graphic organizers are powerful teaching tools, and their effectiveness is backed by dozens of research studies. However, teachers are seldom taught HOW to use them as teaching tools. Did you know that you can create a dynamite lesson to teach any reading skill, including the Common Core State Standards, by pairing a short text with just the right graphic organizer? After you learn a few basics, it's so easy! Test scores will soar when you begin tapping into critical thinking skills by choosing the right graphic organizer to teach each Standard.
Graphic Organizers for Reading has dozens of ready-to-use folded and flat graphic organizers, but it's far more than a collection of printables. Instead, it's a massive, comprehensive guide to transforming teaching and learning with graphic organizers! You'll find a chapter on how to create effective mini-lessons and three chapters of graphic designed for specific purposes. Each graphic organizer includes teaching tips and suggestions for using it effectively.
Highlights of Laura Candler's Graphic Organizers for Reading
• How to select the right graphic organizer for a particular text
• How to meet Common Core State Standards with graphic organizers
• How to create an effective reading lesson
• How to chunk long lessons into shorter mini lessons for reading workshop
• Classroom management strategies for teaching with graphic organizers
• How to use graphic organizers to teach content areas such as social studies, science, and health • 100+ pages of teaching resources including printables and easy mini-lessons
• Over 3 dozen ready-to-use graphic organizers
• Complete instructions for how to use each type of graphic organizer
• Over a dozen multi-purpose graphic organizer templates
• Graphic organizers aligned with Common Core Standards for informational text and literature
About the Author
Laura Candler is a teacher with 29 years of classroom experience in grades 4 through 6. She has a Master's Degree in Elementary Education, National Board Certification as a Middle Childhood Generalist, and was a Milken Family Foundation Award winner in 2000.
Discount applied during checkout
|copies||price per copy|
|250+||call for special pricing|