Quantity Discounts Available - See below for details
By Al Norman
This is the second book by Al Norman, who has been called the "guru of the anti-Wal-Mart movement"
by 60 Minutes. In "The Case Against Wal-Mart," he calls for a national consumer boycott
of the giant retailer.
The timing couldn't be better.
Wal-Mart is drawing more heat than ever in its 42-year history. It has become
perhaps the most disliked retailer in America today.
The Case Against Wal-Mart is presented as a legal brief against Wal-Mart,
with "counts" against the company ranging from its employment practices
to its "Made in America" mythology.
It presents evidence to make its case that Wal-Mart:
- Forces its own workers to labor "off the clock" without pay
- Uses overseas sweatshop labor to manufacture its corporate brand clothing
- Sells knock-off and counterfeit merchandise that misleads and confuses
- Destroys acres of environmentally sensitive lands to build new Wal-Marts,
close to existing Wal-Marts that will be closed
- Has eliminated all competition in many towns across the U.S. by illegally
lowering prices below wholesale
- Has forced the movement of thousands of manufacturing jobs out of the U.S.
- Calls 28 hours per week a "full-time" schedule and pays wages so low that
many of its employees qualify -- and accept -- welfare payments
- Demands millions of dollars in tax breaks to locate in communities all
over the U.S., while it earns billions of dollars in profits
Written by Al Norman, the world's foremost expert on and leader of the
anti-sprawl movement, "The Case Against Wal-Mart" calls on consumers to go on
a "Wal-Mart diet." Norman says that only a consumer boycott of Wal-Mart
will show the company that U.S. citizens disapprove of its business tactics.
This is a book every American shopper should read before making another trip
to Wal-Mart. As Al Norman says, "Friends don't let friends shop at Wal-Mart."
About the Author
Al Norman is a leader in the movement that's fighting to save hometown America. He travels across the country to work with groups determined to stop sprawl in their communities. Norman's website, www.sprawl-busters.com, encourages people who want to decrease sprawl to participate in the movement that has grown to include millions of people across the US.
Read interview with author Al Norman
Discount applied during checkout
|copies||price per copy|